Who we are
Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us: We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our website, such as your name and email address.
- Information we collect automatically: When you use our website, we may collect certain information automatically, such as your IP address and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website: We may use your information to understand how our website is being used and to personalize your experience.
- To communicate with you: We may use your information to contact you about your use of our website or to respond to your inquiries.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties. However, we may share your information with third parties in the following situations:
- With your consent: We may share your information with third parties if you have given us your consent to do so.
- To protect our rights: We may share your information if we believe it is necessary to enforce our policies, protect our rights, or defend against legal claims.
- To comply with the law: We may share your information if we are required to do so by law or if we believe it is necessary to comply with legal process.
You have the following choices regarding the information we collect and how we use it:
- Opting out of email communications: You may opt out of receiving emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails.
- Accessing and updating your information: You may access and update your information by contacting us at email@example.com .
We take steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.